Monday, December 27, 2010

December 8, 2010


Hey there!
 
yeah i missed ya'll too but i get to call in 2 weeks!!! the mission is HARD but it's awesome. so yeah i'm lovin it. luckily my companion is still working! he's great. but he is on his 'dying transfer' meaning he's going to finish his mission Dec 23rd when we have transfers. but he is still working hard.
 
it's AWESOME to hear about all the blessing that you are all recieving! i'm glad that i'm not a burden. i shouldn't have said that because i know that the Lord promises to bless my family while i'm gone so i shouldn't be surprised that you are all doing okay. right now i'm doing great with the things that i need though. so don't worry about me! the Lord is taking care of me too :) dad told me that you think i might need pants or suits or things, but don't worry, there is a good thrift store near our house. dad put some money in my account a few weeks ago and i did use that for a suit, an AWESOME pair of pants, and yes... a few really cool ties. thanks a lot for that! i think that i mentioned that the suit was a little small, but i got the pants altered and i call it a "european style" fit. :)
 
(i think i might need my electric blanket in the near future though)
 
well the work is going well. my comp and i have found another family!!! i LOVE it. families are the best but in my experience hasn't been the most common. we found a really sweet family yesterday knocking doors. well, it was just an older couple that we taught but they loved us and want us to come back and said they have like two older sons we should teach too. well, it was only our first lesson and they didn't quite grasp what our message really was. but they said they would pray about Joseph Smith and we are going to teach them again later this week. i have hope for them. it seems like a lot of investigators come and go, and that's the life of a missionary, but it's sad. it's too bad they all can't accept the gospel. but i'm learning a lot, constantly. i'm trying to find out how we can improve and help these people to feel converted to the gospel.
 
it's so amazing the gospel that we have in our lives. i'm so very grateful to have the knowledge that i do. it makes me so happy. i love being able to share it with others. sometimes things are hard, but the best cure to get through anything is my faith in my Heavenly Father and in my Savior. if there's only one person converted on my mission, and that person is me, i'll still be thankful for the time i served and what the Lord has taught me.
 
i love and miss you all!
i look forward to next weeks' emails!!
elder MuNoZ

No comments:

Post a Comment