Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Epiphany...January 5, 2011


hey mom and dad! and everyone else :)
things are going great! i have a completely new outlook on the mission now. i've been renewed in my excitement and love for the work! i know i was "if-y" about my mission president before but i had an epiphany... he is different than my last mission president, i know that. but that doesn't mean he isn't great. i actually thought about a story mom told me a while back.
mom you told me that you about when you had worked so hard to help out at, i think it was, youth conference. there was an activity and you put in your heart and soul to make sure everything went great. even still, you told me at the end of it someone had made an inconsiderate comment and you told me it made you cry! i was so upset when i heard that story. nobody makes my mom cry! but anyways, i related that to my situation right now. i realized that my leaders don't want to see me fail!! they want what's best for me, what's best for the mission. and i need to appreciate and respect that. so i had been thinking about that, plus we also had a mission council. that's where the mission president and the assistants, meet with all of the zone leaders. we talked a lot about the mission and how we had done the last year. we talked about things that need to change and improve so that we can push forward the work we are doing for Christ. and it got me so excited! i'm so happy about the vision and direction we now have for the mission. we have a goal to get the missionaries motivated and executing their purpose to baptize. we want to change the culture of the mission so that eveyone is working hard and being obedient because they want to. so that they can be worthy to recieve the blessing of God. we want each companionship to push for a goal to baptize MONTHLY.
i'm also really looking forward to this calling of being a Zone Leader. i want to help the other missionaries. i'm thankful to have a part in this mission and to be able to serve others. opportunities like this are gifts from God. we just need to remember that it's WITH Him that we can be successful in what he calls us to do. so i'm trying to remember to fufill His will.
so all in all, i love my mission, i love my leaders, and i love my Savior. and i am going to try and focus on consecrating myself more fully to doing His work. it makes me happy :)
anyway, way to go mom on starting the day off with scripture studies! it makes an incredible difference doesn't it? once we realize something like that it's just like you said, we don't want to stop!
that is so cool that you  are going to begin to serve in the temple. it's going to be such a great experience. i can't wait to hear about it! my comp and i are going to try and go sometime this month. we both need new garment bottoms! don't worry though, the ones you sent helped a ton and i have funds to buy a few more for myself :) i did use some of the money dad put in my account to buy new sheets though... the ones i had were great while they lasted! but they were gettin old.
 so mom, i think what i would ask for in this package would be pictures!!! please :) i know last time you sent some i looked at them for a while and then sent some back.... that was partly because i didn't want to get trunky. but now i see that it wouldn't make me trunky. they're nice to have! which btw, i LOVE my family calendar. it's great :) but if you wanted to send some pics from the holidays, that would be great. also if you wanted to copy some pictures of my friends and i, maybe from my facebook onto a flash drive, and print some pics of my friends too, that'd be cool.
well i hope that all is going well. we have been finding people to teach and everytime, that's a miracle. God places people in our path and it's a great feeling to be apart of His plan.
i miss you and hope eveyone is happy!
love,
elder munoz

No comments:

Post a Comment